Reel Sisters of the Diaspora Movie Competition & Lecture Sequence is giving girls of colour a likelihood to earn $five,000 to develop a internet collection pilot or brief movie. Apps for the Reel Sisters Microbudget Movie Fellowship are now open up.
“The winner will acquire $five,000 to develop the initially episode of a internet collection, which can be utilized as a contacting card to catch the attention of a producer and other movie chances. You will be guided on your journey in studying the artwork of developing a higher top quality micro funds movie. Tale is Queen,” reported Carolyn Butts, founder of Reel Sisters.
The pilot episode of the internet collection or the brief movie will air on the Reel Sisters Tea & Cinema digital collection and be showcased in their once-a-year worldwide movie competition. The winner will keep entire output and copyrights to their pilot or brief, but will be necessary to include things like Reel Sisters of the Diaspora Movie Competition & Lecture Sequence in the output credits.
In buy to be suitable, scripts should be penned or co-penned by a female of colour and non-binary filmmakers of colour. Reel Sisters will acknowledge submissions by girls of African, Latina, Asian, Indian, and Indigenous American Descent. Candidates are questioned to include things like their ethnicity when making use of. Crafting groups are inspired to utilize.
The deadline to utilize is January 31, 2022. There is a $fifteen software cost.
Examine out additional specifics about the Fellowship and software approach under. Simply click here to utilize.
• $five,000 to immediate and develop the initially episode of your microbudget movie.
• Introduced as the Winner on Reel Sisters & African Voices internet websites. A attribute will also be released in African Voices journal.
• Your World wide web Sequence Pilot or Shorter Movie will premiere on Reel Sisters Tea & Cinema on line collection and your movie will be showcased in our once-a-year movie competition.
• Beneath the direction of a mentor, you will revise your output timetable and start out progress.
• Complete scholarship to Scriptwriting Necessities: The Artwork of Building Solid Feminine Characters™ (Instruction benefit: $600). Any script revisions will be finished in our workshop collection.
• Accessibility to The Microbudget Indie Filmmaker’s Podcast generated by Zanah Thirus.
• Just one on a person session with mentors who will information you in how to develop your initially microbudget movie.
• Reel Sisters will aid in securing distribution chances and marketing and advertising guidance.
• Just one Calendar year Membership to African Voices/Reel Sisters (Consists of cost-free journal membership and price reduction to our systems).
REEL SISTERS Software Recommendations
Your software should include things like the next information and facts to be total. Thank you for publishing your webs collection challenge in thought for our Reel Sisters Micro Spending budget Movie Fellowship!
Make sure you add all paperwork to Submittable as a PDF sort or Microsoft Term.
Introduction (seven hundred text max): Briefly inform us about your journey as a storyteller. Share information and facts about what led you to creating and filmmaking as a occupation. Share your inspiration for developing the internet collection and the viewers you would like to arrive at. Explain how the Reel Sisters Microbudget Movie Fellowship would make a distinction in your occupation.
LOGLINE (seventy five text max): a a person to two-sentence description of the tale.
SYNOPSIS (350 text max): transient summary of the plot of the script. Make sure you include things like all key people and tale factors, which includes the ending.
PILOT World wide web Sequence Screenplay or Shorter Movie Script (no lengthier than fifteen internet pages)
· Size – no lengthier than 10 (fifteen) internet pages. This does not include things like the title web page.
· Confined to a person (one) most important locale (INT or EXT) – Observe: If you decide on additional than a person locale, you should suggest no matter whether the house is donated or how it would suit into your microbudget.
· Created in English (Translated scripts are welcomed as prolonged as you are the writer).
· Crafting groups are welcomed but a person member should be a female of colour.
· Contain a title web page exhibiting only title of screenplay and identify of credited author(s)
· Post only initial screenplays. The legal rights should be wholly initial with and owned by the author
· Post as a pdf file and should satisfy all common screenplay structure pointers
· Contain one web page draft of your Generation Timetable. It will be revised if you are acknowledged as a Fellow.
Submissions will be evaluated with the next requirements:
PLOT: Make powerful richly textured people. Movies with solid woman roles are inspired.
Figures: Quirky and initial people that are relatable. Give us 3 dimensional protagonists and antagonists. Professional Idea: “Every villain has an individual who enjoys him,” Steve Carter, playwright.
ORIGINALITY: Make daring people that the environment has not observed right before. Choose threats and experiment with visible and penned language on the monitor and web page. Hook the viewer in the initially 5 internet pages of your script.